Student Vision Plan
The new Caltech Student Vision Plan covers routine vision exams and includes annual allowances for eyeglass frames & lenses or contact lenses. The Plan is offered through EyeMed and features a diverse national network which includes preferred eye care practitioners and partners such as LensCrafters, Sears Optical, and Target Optical.
The Annual Cost for all three insurance terms will be billed to your Bursar account in the fall.
Annual Cost for Student including Dependent(s): $31.20
How to Enroll
To enroll in the Caltech Student Vision Plan, please contact the HR Benefits office via email or at 626-395-6443.
Make Sure you use a Vision Care Provider in the EyeMed Insight Network
You may receive care from any eyecare provider. However, you have greater cost savings when you use a provider in the EyeMed Insight Network.
How the Caltech Student Vision Plan Works
The Plan provides coverage based on Eye-Med's , which outlines what the plan will pay for services inside and outside of the network. You’ll typically pay for anything you owe at an in-network provider after discounts are applied during your visit. For an out-of-network provider, you will pay the full cost up front and submit an for reimbursement.
- You typically save the most money when you use a vision care provider in the EyeMed network. Network providers contract with EyeMed and agree to charge you for services based on the Plan's .
- You typically pay more when you receive care from a provider outside of the EyeMed network because you are reimbursed less and not all services are eligible for reimbursement.
You don't need a vision ID card to receive care. When you visit your EyeMed provider, simply provide your name and date of birth. In case you need it, your Member ID is your Caltech UID followed by '01'.
For Additional Information
- How the Vision Insurance works inside and outside of the network
- Student Vision Summary of benefits
- How to access and use your benefits
- EyeMed Out of Network Claim Form
- EyeMed Website
You can contact EyeMed directly at (866) 939-3633.