2018 Benefits Handbook (Summary Plan Description)
The 2018 Benefits Handbook, also known as Summary Plan Description (SPD), is a summary of the Caltech benefit program that focuses on our health, welfare, and retirement benefits. This interactive benefits summary was created to help Faculty, Staff, and Postdoctoral Scholars understand the Caltech benefits program.
Click below for the interactive and printable SPD:
The 2019 SPD will be available later in the year but you can reference the Summary of Material Modifications in the interim:
If you need more health & welfare information that is not included in the SPD, review the Evidence of Coverage (EOC) below.
Please note: Each web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.) has its own settings to control how PDFs open from a web page. To change the PDF display behavior, click here for instructions for your browser.
2019 Medical Plans
- 2019 Anthem High Deductible PPO 1350
- 2019 Anthem High Deductible PPO 2700
- 2019 Anthem HMO
- 2019 Kaiser HMO
Outside of Southern California
- 2019 Anthem Blue Card PPO
- 2019 Anthem Owens Valley PPO
- 2019 Kaiser WA HMO
- 2019 Kaiser Mid-Atlantic HMO
2019 Dental and Vision Plans
2019 Disability Benefits
- 2019 Short Term Disability (STD) - Outside of CA
- 2019 Long Term Disability (LTD) – Staff
- 2019 Long Term Disability (LTD) - Faculty and Postdoctoral Scholars
2019 Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- 2019 Life and Personal Accident Insurance (not applicable for temporary staff)
- 2019 Life and Personal Accident Insurance (applicable for temporary staff)
2019 Additional Benefits
Annual Required Notices
- 2019 Caltech Base Retirement Plan Fee Disclosure Statement
- 2019 Caltech Voluntary Retirement Plan Fee Disclosure Statement
- 2019 Health and Welfare Required Legal Notices
- HIPAA Privacy Notice and Other Important Rules Impacting Health and Welfare
Contact the Caltech or JPL Benefits Office if you have any questions.