2018 Benefits Handbook (Summary Plan Description)
The 2018 Benefits Handbook, also known as Summary Plan Description (SPD), is a summary of the Caltech benefit program that focuses on our health, welfare, and retirement benefits. This interactive benefits summary was created to help Faculty, Staff, and Postdoctoral Scholars understand the Caltech benefits program.
Click below for the interactive and printable SPD:
If you need more health & welfare information that is not included in the SPD, review the Evidence of Coverage (EOC) below.
Please note: Each web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.) has its own settings to control how PDFs open from a web page. To change the PDF display behavior, click here for instructions for your browser.
The 2019 SPD and Evidence of Coverages will be available in early 2019. In the meantime, please reference the summary of changes for our health, welfare, and retirement benefits below:
2018 Medical Plans
Outside of Southern California
- 2018 Anthem Blue Card PPO
- 2018 Anthem Owens Valley PPO
- 2018 Kaiser WA HMO
- 2018 Kaiser Mid-Atlantic HMO
2018 Dental and Vision Plans
2018 Disability Benefits
- Short Term Disability (STD) - Outside of CA
- Long Term Disability (LTD) – Staff
- Long Term Disability (LTD) - Faculty and Postdoctoral Scholars
2018 Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Life and Personal Accident Insurance (not applicable for temporary staff)
- Life and Personal Accident Insurance (applicable for temporary staff)
2018 Additional Benefits
Annual Required Notices
Contact the Caltech or JPL Benefits Office if you have any questions.