Long Term Care Insurance
Long Term Care (LTC) insurance is an optional benefit you and members of your family may purchase. LTC covers costs for in-home care, nursing home care, or residential facility care when you need care that is not covered by your health insurance. This LTC program, administered by Genworth Life Insurance Company, is portable so it will move with you if you retire or leave Caltech
If you are a newly hired employee, you have the opportunity to apply for coverage during the first 31 days of your employment without going through a detailed underwriting process.
Exisiting employees can apply at anytime but will go through a detailed underwriting and Genworth may contact your physician.
Benefit based U.S. Employees Actively Working (age 18 and over)
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Staff employees who are reguarly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week
- Temporary staff employees who are regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week in an assignment that is expected to last at least three months
U.S. Based Family Members (age 18 through 75)
- Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Parents, Parents-in-law, Step Parents, Step Parents-in-law
- Grandparents, Grandparents-in-law, Step Grandparents, Step Grandparents-in-law
- Adult Children, Step Children, Adopted Children
Coverage Levels, Rates, and Applying
- How to Choose Coverage Levels: Review this quick reference guide for available coverage levels.
- Review Rates: You will need to go to Genworth's website and click on the green "Get a quote" button to determine your exact monthly premium costs. For a general quote, you can review the rate schedule.
- How to Apply: Go to www.genworth.com/caltech and click on the green "Get a quote" button to choose your coverage. Then you will be prompted to create an account for the application process.
Please Note: You will be billed directly by Genworth (not Caltech) so this will be considered after-tax.
If you need assistance navigating the Genworth website or have additional questions, please speak with Genworth's customer service team at 800-266-4938 (Monday-Thursday 8:30am - 8:00pm ET; Friday 9:00am - 8:00pm ET).
You may also contact the Caltech benefits team with questions via email at email@example.com or by calling us at 626-395-6443.